Ravi Sagar | Home | Blog

Drupal YouTube Media OEmbed

For the past few days there was some problem with YouTube videos not playing on the site. There was a problem with creating the remote videos as well.

First I tried the suggest here of installing oembed_providers. I tried installing and configuring oembedproviders as suggested above (#10) but videos still don't show. I am on Drupal 8.8.8

The Drupal log has this error.

"Could not retrieve the remote URL (https://youtu.be/XXXXXXX)."

I uninstalled the oembedproviders module and the error is still there.

Then I use the patch here and it worked well.

All good I just need to remember to reapply this patch when I upgrade or wait for the new version. Let us see.